As an educator, I’ve used Facebook as an LMS to supplement a classroom and Twitter and Instagram were both used at the museum to share K-12 student projects. I use Twitter as a learner to create Community of Inquiry (COI) and for research.
- Create: Use Twitter or Instagram to create photo journals using photos and video linked using a hashtag created for the class or project. Learners can create short videos to show their work, highlight their visits to institutions or events they’ve attended and comment to provide context
- Evaluate: Learners can use video to post their comments about the work of other learners and argue, select, defend
- Analyze: Have learners use Twitter or Instagram to post photos or video comparing and contrasting objects
- Apply: use Twitter or Instagram to create photo journals using photos and video to answer a question to demonstrate they can solve a problem in a new way.
- Understand: Create a scavenger hunt and have learners use Twitter or Instagram to post photos or video and text to identify, discuss or describe objects, landscapes, art, etc. linked to course content
- Remember: Pose questions to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and have students recall the answers. Encourage learners to post their own photos using the same #hashtag and make comments to model how to comment and create discussion.